“Psychotherapy is at bottom a dialectical relationship between doctor and patient. It is an encounter, a discussion between two psychic wholes, in which knowledge is used only as a tool. The goal is transformation – not one that is predetermined, but rather an indeterminable change ..”
- Psychological Reflections, C.G. Jung, p. 89
“The totality of the psyche can never be grasped by intellect alone .."
- Psychological Reflections, C.G. Jung, p. 276.
“.. Jung credits the psyche with a potentiality toward self-healing. The idea that the unconscious contains also the healing potential and not only the disturbing elements was one of Jung’s unique and revolutionary discoveries.”
- The Symbolic Quest, E. Whitmont, p. 295.
“To be happy, one can never afford to lose the child within.”
- Mind Waves, Betty Shine, p. 261.
“We cannot expect to remain the same if we go to a divine source for healing. This is why those who seek to be whole must be actively involved in the process ..”
- Healing and Wholeness, J. Sanford, p. 60.
“I truly believe that every human being consists of a physical, an emotional, an intellectual and a spiritual quadrant.
- On Life after Death, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, p. 63.
“As I have repeatedly pointed out, the alchemist’s statements about the lapis, considered psychologically, describe the archetype of the self. Its phenomenology is exemplified in mandala symbolism, which portrays the self as a concentric structure, often in the form of a squaring of the circle. … The structure is invariably felt as the representation of a central state or of a centre of personality essentially different from the ego. It is of a numinous nature ..”
- Mysterium Coniunctionis, CW Vol. 14. C.G. Jung
ldquo;.. Reincarnation lends hope of renewal, with a life after life that hinges on the belief that beginnings come from the end, and so on.”
- Life before Life: Regression into Past Lives. Raymond Moody. p. 115.
“… I believe that there are many other souls, both Jews and Gentiles, who, although initially traumatized upon reincarnating so soon, have now healed enough to be able to access the spiritual knowledge they carry from pre-Holocaust incarnations. No doubt this same process is also taking place in other karmic groups as well.”
- Beyond the Ashes: Cases of Reincarnation from the Holocaust, by Rabbi Yonassan Gershom, p. 255.
“It is through empathy that we can determine when to hold and when to let go, where holding can be spacious and flexible and letting go does not become dropping ..”
- Holding, the ‘Good Enough Mother’ and the Therapist. Stella Maris, Vol. I paper by Dr. Tessa Adams, p. 120.
“The dream speaks to us in a language of symbols … dreams are not random, they come from the Self in sequence for guidance and development.”
- From a seminar on Dreams by Beverly Martin